Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mockingbirds #2



Have observed a few more photos and the real birds as they flash and dash in and out the tree tops. Still lots of room for improvement... The head on the right looks more like a dove. I framed this one not because I think its that great, but my friend asked me to contribute a framed picture for the house concert she and her husband hosted last week-end. A wonderful time was had by all as we listened to Nils on violin and Jenny on piano, play a beautiful selection of music, spring and love being the major themes. Araceli kindly brought a CD of the music over to me a couple of weeks ago, so I could listen to it and be inspired to paint something! Mockingbirds #2 was my contribution, along with some other artists who brought samples of their work to hang on the walls too.

1 comment:

Cathy Gatland said...

Oh, good on yer for doing something for the concert... this is such a lively painting and does look to me like the mockingbirds, from the photos you sent. Your 'calligraphic' marks are already looking freer and more expressive - lovely!