Saturday, May 10, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY



To my sisters, and any other mothers who may visit here. This is the last watercolour I have of my Mom's. It is a coral tree that stood at the entrance of the driveway of our Uncle Gordon and Auntie Guenda's house in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Guenda gave it to me the last time we visited them. My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. I really couldn't think of anything... and then I remembered this painting. I'm going to get it framed! I'm so grateful for this internet invention that allows us to share such precious treasures.

3 comments:

Cathy Gatland said...

Oh that is a precious treasure for Mother's Day - and wonderful that it will be framed. I bet Mom would have enjoyed the internet and how it spans the miles between us. Thanks for sharing, and hope you have a lovely day today, good mother!

Vivienne said...

I am so happy that I have found you again, after my cyber-hiccup, especially in time to see this lovely posting on Mothers Day. What a good idea... I think I will get the little ostriches I have in a box, and get them framed too. I had lunch with dear Lizzie. Our mothers died in the same year, each just before our birthdays,(Liz's Mum on 1st May) and we were just saying that it is now 25 years!Happy mothers' day dearest sisters.

laura said...

Thank you for sharing your mother's artwork--which is just lovely; I love how all the branches reach up--there's a tangible uplifting feeling to this painting. And your post is a lovely reminder of how much our own art may mean to those who love us!