Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home for the summer 3



Our daughter turns 21 tomorrow. I've been meaning to draw her for ages and finally made the time to do it. It's wonderful to have her home for a bit, even though at times she still seems "far away" as these sketches suggest. This age of amazing technology insulate our children in their own private worlds. (Great for when you want to sketch them!) I found the downward look of her eyes, as she focused on her "Apple" and "Blackberry" quite difficult to draw. None of my 3 sketches really look like her, but there are glimpses of familiarity in each.

1 comment:

Cathy Gatland said...

Happy happy 21st birthday, dearest Von-Von! I'm hoping to put a 'card' up for you today on my If it's Friday blog, if I can get it finished in time!
Gillian, you've caught exactly that internal far-away look in her eyes here, and the likeness is very clear.