Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home for the summer 2

This is what the LORD says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
Jeremiah 6:16

On a spiritual note, I read this scripture about a month ago and loved it. It struck a chord deep in my heart. Refreshing, like cold water splashed in the face. I have written it in a few recent graduation cards and made it a prayer for my own children. Then last Sunday we visited a church we are considering joining and the pastor spoke his sermon on this scripture! He explained that he'd put a planned sermon (they were working their way through one of the N.T. books) on the back burner, because he felt led by the Lord to speak on Jeremiah 6:16. I was touched and delighted and hung on every spoken word. I love it when God does this for us!

1 comment:

Cathy Gatland said...

Such an expression of concentration and absorption here on your darling daughter's face - a familiar one in this house too! Isn't that great when God seems to tap you on the shoulder and say, "Oy, here you are, this is it!"? I remember you sent this verse to me a while back...